1. Eastfield Sporting Goods
Eastfield Co is a table tennis focused sporting goods brand.
It’s currently stocking just a table tennis equipment but the plan is to turn Eastfield into a multi-channel brand covering everything to do with table tennis. From selling products, to organising tournament and running training camps.
2. The Wren Coffee Shop
The Wren is not-for-profit coffee shop based in the city of London. It is in St Nicholas Cole Abbey, a church that was designed by England’s most famous architect, Christopher Wren. It won the prestigious coffee stop award for ‘The Best New Coffee Shop In London’ in 2014. You can find it at 114 Queen Victoria Street, City of London, EC4V 4BJ.
3. Expert in a Year
The Expert in Year project originated as a year challenge where I played table tennis every day for a year with the aim to go from a complete novice to one of the top players in the country. The final video was viewed 1.5 million times and the challenge was featured on the BBC, Huffington Post, The Telegraph, DIGG and Mashable.
4. Palio Table Tennis Bats
The Palio Expert 2 is the number one best-selling table tennis bat in the UK.
I offer a consultancy service for small businesses or individuals. It costs $200 an hour and you can schedule a call with me here.
6. BooksExpert in a Year: The Ultimate Table Tennis Challenge – A book about my year playing table tennis every single day. The Empopath – A book I wrote and published in three days under the pen name Sam Piper in order to test out self-publishing and print-on-demand.
7. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
I currently train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu most days and expect to continue doing so for many years to come. I am quite good at a lot of things, but I am not exceptional at anything. In 10 years time, I want to be exceptional at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
8. Digital Nomad
In March 2015 I gave up my flat in London, sold most of my stuff and packed what was left into a suitcase. Since then I have been travelling the world, living and working on my businesses from whatever country I happen to end up in. It’s an experiment I am not quite ready to give up yet.
- ETF Comparison website – Sold in 2012.
- Importing Cars to Malta – Final car sold in 2012.
- Matched Betting & Arbing – Stopped in 2014 as I was too busy on other, more interesting projects.
- Policeman – Worked as a volunteer policeman in London from 2013 to 2016. Currently on pause while I travel the world.
- + a lot of other failed businesses.